Tilex<sup>®</sup> Mold and Mildew Remover Spray

Tilex® Mold and Mildew Remover Spray

  • tilex mold and mildew 946mL

Tilex® Mold and Mildew Remover Spray

Tilex® Mold and Mildew Remover Spray kills common household mold, mildew and bacteria on a variety of surfaces. Powered by Clorox Bleach, this mold and mildew disinfectant spray kills common bacteria found in homes. Use this mold and mildew disinfectant spray on hard nonporous surfaces such as glazed and unglazed ceramic tile, tubs, shower doors, counters, sinks and no wax floors. It eliminates mold and mildew quickly and effectively, and with its Smart Tube technology you are guaranteed to spray every drop. Spray your way to a sparkling clean bathroom with Tilex®.

  • Kills common household mold, mildew and bacteria.
  • Use on a variety of hard nonporous surfaces throughout your home
  • Smart Tube technology guarantees you will spray every drop
  • Cleans and disinfects quickly and effectively

Usage

AVOID PROLONGED BREATHING OF VAPOUR. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Open windows and turn on fans before use. If the vapours bother you, leave the room while this product is working.

TO DISINFECT AND KILL MOLD & MILDEW ON HARD, NONPOROUS SURFACES: Rotate nozzle to “ON”. Spray surface until thoroughly wet; let stand 10 minutes; then rinse.

To spray every drop: Tilt bottle at a downward angle while spraying.

Rinse immediately after use on rubber, plastic and vinyl. Do not use on wood or painted surfaces. Avoid contact with aluminum, clothes, fabric, carpet, or paper surfaces as they will discolour.

FAQ

Mildew is more than just an ugly stain; it's a living fungus that anchors itself to bathroom surfaces—and it won't go away until you kill it at its roots. Mildew is usually black but can appear pink, red or green. Highly humid areas have the most mildew growth.

Mildew often grows in bathrooms and other locations in the house because there is a combination of poor ventilation, moisture and food sources (i.e., body oil, soap scum, paint and oxygen). In the bathroom, mildew can grow anywhere: in grout, in shower tracking, on windowsills, on the ceiling and under the sink.

Mildew grows in grout because it is a porous surface that can be constantly wet. Mildew is also often found on bathroom ceilings because of poor ventilation and a ready supply of food and moisture. In addition, mildew can grow behind caulk if its watertight seal has been broken. Unfortunately once mildew moves behind the caulk, it is hard to penetrate with a cleaner. If this is the case, you should get professional cleaning assistance.

Mildew needs moisture, a source of nutrition and the right temperature to grow. To prevent mildew from growing, you need to improve ventilation in your bathroom by installing a fan or opening a window.

Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover is designed to kill and remove tough mildew without damaging most bathroom surfaces. It penetrates and lifts off soap scum with detergent-type ingredients (surfactants) to kill the mildew lurking below the surface. Plus the bleach in Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover decolorizes mildew and kills it

Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover is safe for use on most bathroom surfaces including grout, glazed ceramic tile, tubs, fiberglass, glass shower doors, vinyl curtains, counters, sinks and no-wax floors. Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover is safe for use on synthetic marble. You should rinse immediately after use on rubber, plastic and vinyl. Avoid prolonged contact with metal and old porcelain as Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover can react with these materials and leave a temporary “rust” stain. We do not recommend using Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover on wood or painted surfaces unless you plan to refinish or to repaint them. Avoid contact with aluminum, clothes, fabric, carpet or paper surfaces

You can use Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover on most bathroom surfaces. You can also use Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover on cement pool areas and outdoor furniture (vinyl & plastic). Sponge the product on full strength and rinse immediately

No. Dangerous fumes form when mixed with other products. Do not use or mix with toilet bowl cleaners, rust removers, acids, or products containing ammonia. To do so will release hazardous gases.

The active ingredient in Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover, sodium hypochlorite, loses its strength after one year.

You can find stores near you that sell Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover on our Where to Buy page. It's a good idea to call the store before going, to make sure they have it in stock.

Check the Coupons and Offers page to see if there are coupons available for Tilex® Mold & Mildew Remover. And sign up for the Clorox® newsletter to find out about new coupons via e-mail.

Safety

CAUTION: IRRITANT. MAY IRRITATE EYES AND SKIN. DANGEROUS FUMES FORM WHEN MIXED WITH OTHER PRODUCTS. Do not use or mix with toilet bowl cleaners, rust removers, acids, or products containing ammonia. To do so will release hazardous gases. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not breathe fumes. Use only in a well-ventilated area. For sensitive skin or prolonged use, wear rubber gloves. Contents may be harmful if swallowed. Not recommended for use by persons with heart conditions or chronic respiratory problems such as asthma, emphysema, or obstructive lung disease.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

FIRST AID TREATMENT: Contains sodium hypochlorite. If swallowed, call a Poison Control Centre or doctor immediately. Do notinduce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, call a doctor. If on skin, rinse well with water. If breathed in, move person to fresh air.