HOW TO DISINFECT YOUR KITCHEN
Follow these disinfecting tips in your kitchen to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. If someone in your household is sick or exposed, follow Government of Canada’s guidelines on isolation https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/covid-19-how-to-isolate-at-home.html.
Disinfect the commonly touched and shared surfaces in the kitchen such as countertops, faucets, cabinet handles, trash can lids and the refrigerator doors. Continue to clean your kitchen daily and use disinfecting products.
For kitchen cleaning, we recommend using CCU - CLOROX CLEAN-UP DISINFECTING BLEACH CLEANER, DIN 02494000), please follow these steps:
- For heavily soiled surfaces, pre-clean the surface before disinfecting.
- Turn nozzle counterclockwise to ON.
- Spray product 10 to 15 cm from surface until thoroughly wet.
- Let stand 30 seconds.
- Rinse or wipe clean.
- For items that come in contact with food or mouths, rinse with warm water and let air-dry.
Other tips for kitchen disinfecting:
- Wash each non-disposable dish and utensil after each use. Wash in a dishwasher or wear gloves and use hot water.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds after handling any used dish or utensil.2
- If using a dishwasher, put the rinse cycle at the highest temperature option in order to kill the most germs.3
Please visit the Health Canada site for the disinfectants that may be used against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/disinfectants/covid-19/list.html
Already have Clorox® bleach? Learn how to make your own disinfecting solution.